Wednesday, January 3, 2007

You don't know me...



I've been tagged by the lovely KaraMia ; I am now supposed to tell you 5 things you don't know about me...

Ready ? Not sure I am !!

1. I've always been more excited to go see my father so his wife would be pissed off than actually seeing the man himself... My father had full custody of us kids and remarried when I was 13. His new wife always made sure to let us know that we were not welcomed in her life and we couldn't move away from home fast enough for her. That happened at age 17 ; she then made sure every single trace of our existences were removed from the house by trowing away every souvenirs and pictures of us. And my father let her do so. To this day, the only pictures of us are hidden in his locked office. And no, my father is not somebody I respect very much... He's got a long road ahead of him.

2. I'm a moveaholic... I've moved 42 times so far and will move a couple more. I can't seem to settle. I've tried moving furniture around and repainting but nothing will do ; I get antsy, stressed and need to get out. The funny thing is, even though I change cities, I always end up doing the exact same job...

3. I'm addicted to chick lit... Lately, it's been mostly Madeleine Wickham or under her pen name, Sophie Kinsella. I've read every single one of her books and can't wait for the new one to come out in February !

4. I am definitely not color coordinated. I've been known to wear questionable sets... I am now sticking to a color palette and am not allowed to shop alone.

5. I broke my tail bone while sliding. Not fun. I had to go back up the hill and walk a few miles to get to the doctors office. I then spent 2 months carrying a pillow ; doesn't look that bad but carrying a butt pillow on stage in front of 2,000 people ? Yeah... that funny.


Hum... Who should I tagg now...

NetChick ,Diane Mandy and Calliope !!

5 comments:

Diane Mandy said...

Belated Happy 2007! I love the new look! I'll think on this and see what I can come up with!

Anonymous said...

Hey there, just came across your blog by accident. Strange...I relate a lot to what you are saying. This might come off more like a pick-up tactic when instead it seems as though I have found someone who I can talk to. I would love to talk adventures with you...visit my website first and hopefully you will see where I'm coming from. I've been luck to do a lot of amazing shit but have problems feeling comfortable on the rebound "home." I've never used a blog before so I don't really know how to sign off here. I guess when you click on my name it takes you to my website? It seems like we might be on the same wavelength and it's damn hard to find somebody I can relate to. Oh, yeah...I'm a trumpet player also. I've had anything but an average life and I feel as though I'm slipping back into the same dirt rotation. Constantly looking for something that makes me feel as satisfied as the last gig. The bittersweet life that comes with the tragic ending of the musician. So I guess once I hit "post" everybody will see this? Okay, hello everybody else. Cheers...

smizzo said...

Aw man, I'm sorry about your Dad and Stepmom..what comes around goes around..she'll get hers.

I love change, too..but not where I live. Change everything around me, but don't change my home. Weird, huh?

Anonymous said...

Damn! Sorry, I totally missed the fact that I was tagged here! ...I'll get on this tomorrow or Thursday! ;)

Anonymous said...

Okay! I've lived up to the tag! :)