Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Life...

My mom had another stroke last night.

Right under my nose.

As frightened as I was, I was also comfortable being there. Helping her and taking charge. A very strange feeling.

In the end, the episode was caught early and no further damage was done. Her life will resume in a couple of days and life will go on.

But as I watched her sleep in her hospital bed, I realized that my life has been put on hold many times over the past few years in order to help others. Things that seemed very important to me but that were put to rest until, well, who knows. A deliberate choice I must admit but I am finally starting to feel the repercussions of those choices.

It might seems selfish to certain people but at this time, it seems to me that MY life should come first. So call me a bad daughter but as my mother will lay in her hospital bed over the weekend, I will be off on a Canyoning trip and drinking some beer.

Wish me luck !!

1 comment:

Diane Mandy said...

I wold never dare judge another person's decision. Sometimes you have to help yourself first. And I wish all the best to your mom. Hope she is feeling well soon!