Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Batteries included...





I've had babies on my mind a lot lately. I'm not saying I'd want one right now. But the clock is definitely on the wall and the batteries are at hands reach. I'm at a stage in my life right now where children are not something I might consider: it is something that I want. Badly. But the thing is, I'm kind of screwed in that department. See, I have only 1 ovary, and a very lazy one that is, PCOS, endometriosis, a looped uterus and pelvic adhesions. Screwed I said. Big time. Let's just say I've wasted a lot of money on birth control for nothing. I won't get pregnant on a drunken night...

The fact that I still haven't come to term with my fertility problems seems to affect my relationships with men. Yes, I do bring many other insecurities in a relationship. My weight is a big issue with me. But it is relatively easily fixable. But why would a man want to have a future with me knowing that creating a family will be a very long and costly road ? That pretty and skinny girl on the corner just seems like an easier ride...

No comments: